Friday, October 14, 2011

Burlington Vermont Real Estate: The Seven Deadly Sins Sellers Make These Days

During this morning's session of the Vermont Real Estate Conference being held at the Sheraton Hotel and Conference Center here in South Burlington VT, I am taking a course entitled, "What's It Worth - Pricing Real Estate?" My course instructor who is a certified appraiser with over 34 years of experience in the real estate field imparted the Seven Deadly Sins Sellers Make These Days. Here they are for you sellers out there:

1. Pricing higher than the competition,

2. Refusing reasonable offers early on,

3. Not putting the property in the best possible condition for sale,

4. Making showing the property difficult,

5. Not recognizing that your home is a house, e.g. a commodity to a buyer,

6. Blaming the Realtor for the market. The market is what it is. The Realtor did not make the market,

7. Not reducing the price in a timely manner, causing the property to become stale.

---------------------

If you are considering listing your home for sale or buying a home or condominium in or near Burlington Vermont Real Estate or Chittenden County, please give me a call or email me to discuss the market, schools and your options. I would be delighted to assist you. I can be reached on my direct line at 802.238.5256 or email me at Chris@ChrisHurdVT.com

1 comment:

my real estate blog said...

Thanks for sharing this post. Every home sellers should look for this. You really gave valuable information here.
Pia
condo Philippines