Thursday, August 28, 2008

Summer of 2008 Storm Photographs of Lake Champlain in Charlotte Vermont

What an amazing summer for storms! Sometimes 4 and 5 in a day. Some would come from across Lake Champlain from the west. Some from the south. Some from the northwest. The drama was spectacular as it unfolded from my porch beside Mount Philo State Park with its pastoral westerly views of Lake Champlain and the Adirondack Mountains. Let's not forget the spectacular lightning display of a week ago. It even brought my teenage son with his three friends out from behind their video game, "Call of Duty", to witness the awesome power. How's that for jaded 16 year old boys?Record rainfall. Record lake levels. Thunderstorm watches and warnings it seemed everyday for a month. Our states' moniker, The Green Mountain State, earned its deserved reputation this summer. All the different greens reminded me of that great Johnny Cash tune, "40 Shades of Green." If you haven't heard it here you go. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0oTDS9ur_U

We are in the tail end of summer now. My daughter started high school today. Heavens. Onward we go.I'm hoping September and October are the longest stretch of Indian Summer weather in Vermont's history! And I'm betting there's another 650,000 people who would agree with me.If you have your own summer storm stories, please share them and post them here.

Call me at 802.238.5256, email me at Chris@ChrisHurdVT.com or post your comments at Hurd's The Word or go to my website at Burlington Vermont Real Estate.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fantastic real estate blog. Keep it up.

Doral Houses